Thursday 30 March 2017

Flowered Up - A London Band from the 1990's Decade.



They were the nearly lads who acquired a grand reputation for their live gigs. Some of their songs were marvellous and they certainly went against the grain. 

For me, their songs and lyrics remind me of things I miss about London and also what I have been trying all my life to escape from, concerning London. I know that sounds like a contradiction and it is. But I'm one of those Londoners who moved away from the city and out into the rural Fenland. I never want to go back and if I never see the place again, it will be too soon.

However, the band called Flowered Up remind me of everything concerning the humdrum London in a kindly and more nostalgic way. There is something morose and compelling about them. I think they were a great band that never realised their full potential.

Of course the two brothers Liam and Joe Maher are dead. Liam was the singer and Joe played the guitar. The song Weekender was done with a splendid video and you can check it out on YouTube. Please do.

No comments: