Friday 31 March 2017

I Love this Wonderful Artwork

Some pictures are alluring. I can't say why but I like this image. It has just the right colouring and the tree full of blossom looks wonderful. I'm not sure if it is Japanese, Korean or Chinese, but it also has a European Gothic feel to me. 

I know it is not European Gothic in topic matter, but it does appeal to that part of me that enjoys Gothic art.

I like the porcelain look of the lady's skin colour and the hair with all of the various clasps and decoration within. The fan with the skull on the front is what helps to give it a Gothic quality for me.

I enjoy everything about the image. It has a dreamlike quality to it. There is an aura of light around the lady's head giving the whole work of art a dream quality.

I think this particular piece of artwork is fantastic.




    


No comments: