Wednesday 22 April 2020

Jago and Litefoot by Andy Lane. (Doctor Who character's Spin-off.)

Jago & Litefoot: Series 1Jago & Litefoot: Series 1 by Andy Lane
My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Does anyone remember two characters form Tom Baker's Doctor Who story - The Talons of Weng Chiang?

The One Fly in the Ointment.

My only beef about these audio delights is the ridiculously high price that is charged for them if you are not a member of Audible. I have the monthly credit membership thing going with Audible. But £52.49 for an audiobook is far too much. I am certain this would put many people off. But my one credit monthly membership secured it and the others will do so on other future credits. Getting that gripe off my chest, I can begin.

Their names are Jago and Litefoot from Doctor Who's Talons of Weng Chiang. I do like to give some spin-offs tales a try. Especially Doctor Who. These first set of stories of Jago and Litefoot are absolute peaches. I've been listening while working. My job is very rural and I can function while listening.
There are four tales in all. Each about an hour and ten minutes. Each one, as said, is very entertaining. The dark humour between the theatre manager Jago and Professor Litefoot is colourful. An amusingly overindulgent use of splendid words makes for gorgeous dialogue. The Victorian characters have become a double act investigating strange phenomena problems after their brief and dangerous adventure with the Doctor and Leela.
What follows in the Jago and Litefoot association is a general all-round romp of sinister and diabolical fun in Victorian London. The spooky tales are wonderful modern-day penny dreadfuls set in the time when penny dreadfuls were two a penny (Well on some stalls perhaps.) SciFi, strange phenomenon pulp stories. Each diabolical tale oozes with atmosphere and is very exciting. I have now listened to all of series one. My favourite being number three (The Spirit Trap).
Has anyone else listened to Jago and Litefoot? Does anyone remember the characters from Doctor Who? If yes to either question, what do you people think?


View all my reviews

No comments: