Wednesday 21 February 2018

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (MY Goodreads Review)

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea (Extraordinary Voyages, #6)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea is a story we all know of. We have all watched the movie, but many of us have never read the book. I always told myself that one day I would read it. After many years of keeping this on my bucket list, I finally decided to take the plunge. I am so pleased that I did because this is an absolute peach of science fiction! A glorious adventure from the 1860s decade. Jules Verne must have had some vision to write this splendid novel. It was gripping. The story takes the reader on a journey of a lifetime. All sorts of discoveries await the reader's attention. If you are a lover of H.G. Wells type fiction than France's Jules Verne is a must. This man is the original pioneer of science fiction and his stories still pack a punch in this day and age. It is like reading a superior steampunk novel. A total triumph and a story that will echo forever.


View all my reviews

No comments: