Sunday 2 August 2015

Wild Flowers of the Fenland - England

I know some gardeners put great effort into their little gardens up and down the country. Many are very neat with rows of pansies and other vibrant looking flowers. Everything is pristine and tidy. I, on the other hand, like the wilder cascading look - unconventional and a tad more robust. I suppose I enjoy the most unconventional look of a colourful garden in bloom. It is one of the things I like about Fenland in summer. All sorts of weird and wonderful flowers come into bloom and they seem to spring up out of crevices in walls and the front of people's fences, as though pushing beyond the inner garden boundary and venturing onto the outer walls where the pavements and roads are - an attack of undisciplined flora.

My garden has a particular patch where wildflower seeds were scattered last year by my wife, Carole. This year they all seem to have sprung up in a wonderful untidy cluster of compelling wonder. They are quite a joy to look at and the many colours are spectacular.

I was able to get a load of horse manure. Many homes in the Fenland have horses and put bags by the front garden gate for .50p. I tipped a load down for the strawberries and rhubarb but also left some for the square patch of wildflower seeds. The results are below. Hope you enjoy. :D








































No comments: