Monday 28 March 2016

Buzzard at Holkham Wildlife Reserve - Norfolk, England.

Carefully I crept through a line of conifer trees to look out over the lake towards Holkham village. I had seen a number of raptors and was feeling rather pleased with myself. However, Carole said she had seen one go over the treetops towards the marshland. Her eyes are better than mine and she does spot the birds of prey and point me in the right direction.

As I came to the edge of the wood I looked up and saw a common buzzard almost hovering. It was because the bird was battling the wind. This made its progress slow and I was almost underneath it. I began to click away with the camera and I'm positive the creature knew I was there. In some of the shots, I'm sure it is keeping an eye on me.

As I come to the edge of the woods and look up

I focus in and it seems the bird is standing still against the head on wind

Very slowly it moves forward

The wind seems too strong

It wobbles but faces the blustering wind

Then I begin to suspect it is aware of me

It is looking down at me

It knows I'm here

I'm sure it is not happy about my presence





No comments: