Monday 6 February 2012

Judie Tzuke - Shoot From the Heart (1983)



I think Judie Tzuke had a great dreamy and haunting voice because her songs take me back to the early eighties when I was in my early twenties. My life stretched out before me and I was always going to do something great tomorrow. But tomorrow never came and a slow realization that the world was not my oyster did. However, discovering these things is all part of growing up and these lovely songs and singers lost their appeal as I got older. Not Judie Tzuke, of course, because she is captured in my mind's eye and in a time when I was a youth, like many artists of that time. I mean that today's good artists don't touch me in the same way because I'm happily biased and protective of my past retro memories. Her voice and song takes me back to the dreamy years when I was full of optimism and ill deserved confidence.

I like the way I came of age and would not change the way I lived over the past few decades. These songs let me reach back and touch one of those retro moments of my bygone younger days. And for a moment; I can indulge myself with a smile at how wonderfully naive, I'm glad to say, I was. You can't be a youth without enjoying some of your mistakes. After all; they were not bad errors - just a drop of youthful self indulgence to wear, if you can reach back through a nice dreamy song, like Judy Tzuke from 1983 - Shoot From the Heart. Smashing stuff to lean back and close your eyes to and then walk about London in the 1980s as I was then in those little moments of eternity. They are always there and can never go away because in liner time you are frozen in such moments like a photograph and somewhere, somehow; you'll always be able to wrap yourself in such kind things.

No comments: