Sunday 12 February 2017

Development Of The Steampunk and Gothic Look


I suppose that Gothic and Steampunk designs have always been around since the Victorian age. However, to this day, there is a multitude of fashions and designs. As quick as one look comes along, it fades and a new one manifests for the consumers of these designs and fashions. 

What fascinates me about the Gothic/Steampunk look is, the design as developed a cult status and within the cult of these designs and fashions, the followers who enjoy the look, seem to have developed it beyond the original realm and propelled it into the future.

I find the wonderful look mesmerising and some of the clothing rather compelling. Some of the ladies outfits are glorious and then there is the notion of the lovely Gothic architecture. Sometimes dark and morose, yet also defying logic with a compelling aspect of it all.

I think I'm drawn to the contradiction of it all. There is this shameless hypocrisy that says, "I'm drab and dark but you still find me alluring."



No comments: