Sunday 9 September 2018

Another Dog Walk in the Fenland.



My wife, Carole, and I drove to Coates in the Fenland. There is a small road by the side of John Deer agriculture tractor plant. It goes down to a river. Here there is another dyke and a bridle path that stretches for miles in either direction. We took our little dog Darcey with us. She seemed excited by the new smells of a new place that she had not visited before. 

It was a blustery day and the first thing we see upon getting out of the car was a Hawk battling against the wind. I could not make out if it was a Marsh Harrier or a Red Kite. I managed to get a few photoshoots but it was far away. 

We went through a turnstile and Darcey shot off along the path. I heard a strange and unfamiliar bird call. My wife said it was a Kingfisher. She spotted it in a bush and kept trying to point it out amid this cluster of foliage that overhung a stream. For the life of me, I could not make the creature out. Carole kept trying to point to the bird so that I could get a photo shot. I think she was getting frustrated with me in the end. She grabbed the camera from me and took a few shots. I then see its turquoise blue plumage as it sped off along the stream.

The Kingfisher I could not see.

No comments: