Wednesday 12 September 2018

We Love Our Lazy Cat - Fat Bob.

Our cat Bob is one of the laziest cats that I have ever known. He is a great cat and does not cause any trouble. He is just Bob! Bob the laziest cat in the world. All he does is sit about on the roof of our bungalow or the next door neighbour's roof. He looks out across the fields to the front but never crosses the road. His domain is our back garden and the next door neighbour's garden too. He will challenge any moogy that ventures upon his patch. 

In the photo, he is looking directly at me. He has a hopeful glint in his eye because he knows I often give him a slice of ham. He sits by the fridge, looking at me when indoors. If I go to get the milk for my tea, he is there meowing and trying to scrounge a quick slice.

My wife, Carole, and I were going out when I see Bob on the neighbour's fence. He must have known we were doing the shopping as he made no attempt to move. He is a great lump and when he jumps down from the high fence, there is a distinct lack of finesse or any type of feline grass. We just hear a splat! Bob seems to belly flop upon the ground. Yet he never seems to be injured. He stands up and waddles off. A big fat hairy lump of fur.

Despite his un-cat like ways, we love him dearly. He is twelve years old now. As a little kitten, he was snow white. Then he went a sort of sandy blond colour as he grew.