Tuesday 18 September 2018

The Last Blast of Floral Colour for the Dying Summer.


I got home from work and went into the back garden. My wife had been pottering about in her much-loved domain for most of the day. Our little dog Darcey was wiggling her bottom and tail waiting for me to make a fuss of her. Which I did. Something that must be done upon my return home each afternoon.

I told Carole about the Common Buzzard I had seen on the telephone pole and she told me of a Red Kite being pestered by crows above the fields to the front of our house.

It was then that I noticed the flora around the garden pond. I made some 'wow' type comment and Carole said a new little aspect of flora had grown about the new pond we had put down. I thought it looked splendid. In a few weeks, the whole garden will look bleak and so will the fields and tree clusters. The winter stillness will come with its new look. Bleak and sad. Windswept but not too bad.



No comments: