Tuesday 13 November 2018

Armistice Day in Chatteris 2018.


On Sunday I went into a storeroom by Chatteris car park. The place was void of all people. I was in there about twenty minutes and when I came out the entire car park was full of people. Hundreds of them. There were various groups like Girl Guides, Majorettes, Scouts, Air Cadets, Army Cadets etc. Plus lots of people from all warps of life. It was November the 11th 2018. One Hundred Years to the day of the First World War Armistice. Every town in the Fenland had one. This was in Chatteris Cambridgeshire. Eventually, all the people left the car park and formed a line. Then they marched to the monument by the town's church. I had to wait for them to leave before I could drive my van away. It was a grand sight to watch.


No comments: