Tuesday 13 November 2018

Gradual But Sure Book Sales Growth.



I've constantly looked for ways of plugging books. I enjoy doing it especially when I see some of the sales results. Over the past few months, I've been achieving regular sales. I always did manage a good few each month, but the last five months have been exceptionally pleasing. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm an Indie author and not a business person in any shape or form. I've just noticed there seems to be a regular little pattern of sales that is encouraging. 

I'm always trying new ways to improve and get my books out there. Before the eyes of a potential buyer. It's great fun. This has resulted in two conundrums for me to solve. They are not bad things as I enjoy the fumbling about with such possibilities and reason.

I try to attract the rush hours of London time and New York time. Targets are commuters travelling to work. Yet I've noticed many of the UK sales are late at night. I get up in the morning and there has been a book sold etc. Sometimes I'll get two or three sales in a day, but this happens in the afternoon. Then it will go quiet for a day or two. Then, Wham! Three, four or five days of sales sometimes multiple books bought in a day. 

Also in the lower graph are page reads of the books being borrowed and read on the Kindle Unlimited programme. This has increased greatly with multiple reads. Then it goes barren for a few days and then it takes off again. It is the sporadic little burst that intrigued me most of all. 

I don't know what I do that is right or if there are various odd things among so many ways that find the goal. The goal is a sale and a bar upon the scope. Then the smigging of gratification for the sale.

My two main conundrums are:

1. Because I try so many things, its hard to pinpoint what particular thing is rewarding more and what other stabs into the dark world of the internet are not.

2. One of the four titles outperforms the combined sales of the other three novels. 

I think the sci-fi story that outperforms has a cult appeal and I find it easier to concentrate upon a target audience. I also devote more time to it. I know the historical stories need to be targeted better and two need better cover designs before I become more focused upon them. One historical novel which has had a good cover design is beginning to perform better.

There are so many wonderful notions falling into place, it's difficult to know where I must begin. I also have other draught novels in need of editing (professionally.)

I always wanted to write pulp novels and now I'm here there seems to be this new cyber world of adventure where I enjoy the challenge of making sales. So many things to do, but if I can continue to enjoy doing this, I'm sure I can get further improvements. 



No comments: