Wednesday 27 April 2011

Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex Dies.

Poly Styrene of X-Ray Spex

"I Know You're antiseptic - your deodorant smells nice..."

I remember zooming out to buy this record when it first came out about 1977/1978. It was called Germ Free Adolescence. It was during the Punk Rock times, and seeing front singer Poly Styrene do this on Top of the Pops was one of my favorite Retro Brit memories from that era. I was an adolescent then - all spots and pimples and an attitude problem. I thought the world owed me a living.

"I'd like to get to know you - you're deep frozen like the ice..."

It is with great Sadness that Poly Styrene died at the young age of 53. She succumb to cancer. Another chunk of the past will always come back to me when I fondly remember that song (Germ Free Adolescence.)

From the Punk Rock Era
Best Wishes to her family and friends. 
















No comments: