Tuesday 13 September 2011

Flowered Up - Weekender



This song takes me back to my youth when living and working in London during the 1980s. This was made a little later then that, I think - perhaps about late 80s or early 90s, but my time was late 70s and 80s. This flicks a chord for me on the memory front. It takes me back to the way I used to feel. At first it is nostalgic and up lifting, but as the song sucks you in, the meaning of the weekender life style comes back to me. You reach a point when you have to take a step back and reflect on where you are going. It is also contradictory within me, because part of me wants to plunge back into the video and re-live old memories, but then the more sinister things about weekender reality kick in. It is a very well crafted video and the song is very well complimented by this great work of art. It conjures up all sorts of emotions and memories - good at first and then reminding of the more dark side too.


No comments: