Thursday 29 September 2011

Moyra Melons Drops Her Ear Rings.

Moyra Melons and her husband were walking through the car park after a late night trip in the shopping centre.

"Oh dear," said Moyra. "I've dropped a fine pair of ear rings that I've just purchased."

Her husband, who was walking ahead slightly, stopped. He only caught mumbled jargon, as his mind was on; where he had parked his car.

"I beg your pardon dear," he replied looking back at his darling Moyra, as you, the reader, can see her in this photo.

"I've dropped this pair somewhere," she added.

"You can certainly say that again dear," he replied.

"I can't find them. I should be able to, they are quite dazzling, that's what attracted me to them in the first place."

"I see what you mean, they are very dazzling indeed."

Moyra looked up confused. "Can you see them then?"

"I certainly can Moyra and if you keep that stance, every other Tom, Dick and Harry is going to see the dazzling things too." 

"What do you mean? I can't see them," Moyra looked about her earnestly.

"Well you can't see what I can in this position," he grinned.

Moyra walked over to where her husband stood in the hope she could see the ear clasps somewhere upon the car park floor. She was thrilled to see her husband had the ear rings in his hand.

"You've got them!" she exclaimed jubilantly.

"I had them all the time. I put them in my pocket when I purchased them for you, remember?

"Oh yes, now I do." She frowned. "Why did you let me believe I had dropped them?"

"Well I thought you had dropped something my dear. I'll elaborate more when we get home as to go too deeply into such things here, in a public car park, would not be tactful, to say the least."

As the reader, you can well imagine that Moyra Melons did realise she had dropped something when she got home. And, she secretly agreed with her husband - such a delicate matter could not be demonstrated in a public car park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My old teacher used to lean over my desk like this when I was working and say, "if you can't finish on your own, just ask for my help". Oh Lordy, I'm sure she did it deliberately! A mature and buxom woman, Moyra Pethybridge started many a classroom fantasy.

Retro Brit said...

Here is something for fans of the lovely Moyra and her magnificent earrings.