Tuesday 3 January 2012

UK 1960s Deacade - Dusty Springfield - i only want to be with you (V.RARE) 60s

 
 
 
 

Dusty Springfield had a TV show in the 1960s and I can remember that my mother had several of her LPs. This was one of her favourites and I could remember my mother singing it often when she was pottering about the house. Again - kind memories from a time when I thought all grown ups were extremely clever. I think I realised they were not when I became one. It suddenly dawned on me one day. However, that was in about the year 1981 when I turned 20, so I cling to the more infantile view I had of the 1960s. Every thing was great and being British was champion. I used to feel sorry for people that were not British as a kid. Such was the conviction of my little kiddie vanity... :) 

No comments: