Monday 11 March 2013

Have You Seen British Retro T.V. Series - Thriller





The British TV series called Thriller was on Saturday evenings from 1973 to 1976. I remember each week was a different type of story lasting about 60 minutes. The stories were set in England in the more affluent areas of society and usually involved a murder mystery with a strange twist. It was so popular that there were six series and it managed to attract an audience in the U.S.A. which is always a good sign for a lucrative future. This is why it was able to produce so many different plots. Because of the U.S. appeal the British producers began to employ at least one U.S. actor or actress to appeal to the American audience too.

Some of the stories were very gripping and my favourite was series 3 thriller episode called ‘I’m the Girl He Wants to Kill.’ In this story a young lady is perused by a serial murderer into an office block. The security guard is about to shut the office block down as all have gone home. However, our demented killer takes control and has his own lock in. His intended victim is a lady who is forced to play a deadly game of cat and mouse while the killer stalks and hunts her. It had me on the edge of my seat at the time, but I suppose it is very tame now.




A clip from: I'm the Girl he Wants to Kill - British TV series called Thriller


Over the six seasons, thriller enjoyed good t.v. ratings in UK and USA. In all there were around 43 episodes and even when viewed now; I can see how different Britain has become from the retro 70s decade.  

No comments: