Monday 8 April 2013

I was Shocked and Sad to Learn that Margaret Thatcher Passed Away Today



I was stunned by the news that Margaret Thatcher had died this morning on 8th April 2013. She was 87 years of age, but I still find it hard to believe. I thought she would live forever - then again, perhaps she will. There are people in the UK that passionately disagreed with her and those who are devoted to the icon that she often seems to be.

All I would like to say is this: Margaret Thatcher was a tough leader who had to make some hard decisions. She didn't get things wrong all the time despite what many might think. I often found fault with her as a youngster in my twenties. Perhaps I was a trendy lefty at times, but as I've got older and now own my own house (courtesy of Thatcherism) I find myself reflecting on more realistic issues. Real issues that she had the strength to confront on more then one occasion.

Well Prime Minister Thatcher - I'll always respect you and admit - you were right on many things that I thought were wrong at the time. Especially with trade unions, but today I humbly admit you may have been right on certain issues concerning ballots and holding the nation to ransom. In the long run you got it right on that issue. You were a very determined and fine Prime Minister and a very great Briton. 

I will not say Rest in Peace, because I can't think of such a determined person resting. I will say 'Echo in Eternity' for good and positive things that Margerat Thatcher is and will always be. For champions of trying and believing; she will live forever.



No comments: