Monday 4 December 2017

The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham (My Goodreads Review)

The Midwich Cuckoos

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is my favourite of all the John Wyndham novels that I have read. When compared to the excellent other titles he wrote like, The Day of the Triffids and The Chrysalids; this is a BIG plus from my point of view. The strange thing about my experience of John Wyndham novels is that I read The Day of the Triffids first, and it blew my mind. I thought it was marvellous. Then I read The Chrysalids and thought that was even better. Surely he could not surpass two such grand reads? Happily, I was wrong! The Midwich Cuckoos was an absolute triumph of science fiction for me. It has a wonderful 1950s retro British feel about it, but in essence, it could be set in any small village anywhere in the world and in anytime today.

If you enjoy good science fiction and excellent writing, then John Wyndham is a must. Every title he wrote had me gripped from start to finish.


View all my reviews

No comments: