Thursday 19 July 2018

Taking Darcy on He Dog Walk in the Fenland.




Our little Jack Russel dog, called Darcy, is less than a year old. She is very good and sticks to my wife, Carole, like glue. At such a young age, her temperament is wonderful. She gets along with all the other dogs during her morning walk over the park. She seems to have settled in very well and seems most content.

I got in from work early this afternoon. My wife suggested a walk over an old nature trail out in the Fens. Of course, we had to take the dog. She had never been along this particular walk before. Her little nose seemed to be going crazy with all the excitement of new smells.

As usual, I brought my camera, just in case there was anything of interest. It was very hot and we took cold drinks with us and a small bowl for Darcy. 


I caught sight of a Common Buzzard, circling the fields. Obviously hunting for rodents or something else. I clicked away with my camera, hoping to get one, among the many, as presentable. It was some way off, but the hawk got closer.

Another part of the walk took us along a trail through some marshy fen. There were reeds, dragonflies and butterflies everywhere. All in all, a fine afternoon walk. 

Darcy Enjoyed Herself.

Even though it was far in the sky, I'm sure it knew I was watching.

The Common Buzzard Doing it's Bird of Prey Thing.

We Have Lift Off



No comments: