Sunday 8 July 2018

Is This Brexit Deal Too Good to be True?




As a Brexit voter, I find this a good deal. However, it seems too good to be true. We have got everything we wanted. If the EU had granted the UK rights over free movement before the referendum, they (EU) would not have had to put in the Common Fisheries and Agricultural policies and the 80% of our extra EU trade. ECJ within the UK is gone. It is just the EU trade where we stay linked. OK, what is wrong with that? Is it me? We seem to have got a better deal than expected. The EU is also not going to get the financial contributions anymore either. This seems too good to be true. I like what I am hearing, but it seems we have been able to cherry pick and cherry pick some more. Despite all the banter about this from the EU beforehand, we seem to have what we want. What am I not picking up on? I'm always suspicious.

No comments: