Friday 9 September 2016

Vivien - The Vintage Fire Engine.




While at work today, I drove past Wisbech Town Hall and saw the famous vintage fire engine called 'Vivien.' This vehicle was in service around Wisbech from 1932 to 1963. It was named after the Mayoress in 1932 and was one of the most up to date fire engines of the time. Fenlanders were very proud of her and even though she has long been out of service, Vivien is kept in fabulous condition. She often suddenly appears before an event. We are wondering if she'll be going to Sandringham on Sunday 11th because there is an event if vintage cars, falconry etc.

She was attracting a lot of attention and as I parked my van to about my work, I could not help taking a quick snap on my mobile. She still has her starting handle at the front.  


No comments: