Wednesday 28 September 2016

Have You Ever Tried Soft Chili Cheese on Baked Mushrooms?


At the risk of sounding a bit like Sam I Am, I would like to ask if anyone has tried soft chilli cheese baked on large mushrooms?

I was feeling a little peckish this afternoon and decided upon raiding the fridge for something to fill a little gap that was developing in my stomach. I had bought four large mushrooms and picked up some soft Bavarian cheese earlier in the day while out and about in the village.

I took two of the large mushrooms and baked them in the oven with sliced Bavarian chilli soft cheese on the top. Once baked I looked down at the succulent little beauties and my mouth began to water. I sprinkled some white pepper over them and was about to dig in when I thought, "stop!"

I decided to take a snapshot and let everyone else see how yummy they looked. I have to say they were as delicious as they appear. In fact, they were gorgeous. Therefore, when next in the supermarket go for a pack of large mushrooms, a soft cheese with some chilli or chives or some other add-in. 

Not a bad little delight.

No comments: