Monday 5 June 2017

The Garden Starts to Bloom.

My wife and I spent a pleasant day in the garden yesterday. The little pond's waterfall was working splendidly alongside our cascading water feature. The bedding area is coming along and the summer flowers are beginning to bloom well. The Australian Bottle Brush is flowering in the front garden and various new flora seems to be coming along. 

Carole drew my attention to the first blue cornflower growing within the array of plants. This was pleasing too. I love the summer in the Fenland. Everything turns from being barren and bleak to vibrant colour. It's wonderful. I was sitting in the garden reading my kindle and chatting to Carole while the garden was doing its thing around us combined with the trickle of water. It was all very Wind in the Willows stuff.

 
The first cornflower came out in vibrant blue but there look to be other colours in waiting. These buds are just beginning to show. The Lupins are springing up too.

Generally, the garden is developing year by year and within the next week, I expect to see more varieties of flora start to bloom. 

No comments: