Saturday 3 June 2017

The Hard Life by Flann O'Brien (My Goodreads Review)

The Hard Life

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A young lad tells you the story from a very naive point of view. You get to look out at the world through his eyes but see things more realistically and very different from his fledgeling innocent take on life. You, the reader, are equipped with adult perception against the young lad's less mature and comical perspective. This is how you enter and see the delightful story unfold. The style of writing makes this comedy novel so charming and compelling. The presentation to the reader is crafted in such a clever way. I found the result was stomach clutching funny at times and had to contain my sniggering while travelling on packed rush-hour trains to and from London. Smashing read set in Dublin and full of splendid Irish humour.


View all my reviews


    

No comments: