Friday 1 September 2017

The Einstein Intersection by Samuel R Delany

The Einstein Intersection

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I struggled with the way this book was written. It was done in a strange dialogue where the mutants or colonial aliens mixing with mutant humans on a devastated dystopian Earth are trying to fit in. Or at least I think they were. They use mythical things in their speech to one another about today's icons as though they are profits. The 'Great Ringo' or the 'Great Lenon' the 'Great Rock' and the 'Great Roll'

To be honest, I think a great deal of it went over my head and I found much of it far too hippiefied for my taste. This Lo Lobby character was like a thick mutant or alien mixing with mutants who are referred to as 'different.' It was more like a bunch of ethnically mixed and socially dysfunctional juvenile delinquents in some run down city ghetto who are put into an apocalyptic waste land.

I'm sure many people might like the type of dialogue in this story and will understand and appreciate it much better than I did. However, for me, it did not flick a switch.


View all my reviews

No comments: