Sunday 24 September 2017

Retro Motor Bikes at Sandringham Country Fair.



Another of the delightful sites at the Sandringham Country Fair was a small selection of vintage motorbikes. I’m not too knowledgeable on motorbikes but I’m clued up enough to know that these are vintage vehicles and are rare in this day and age. Then I saw a little slice of Retro Brit history.


One of the bikes was a desert sandy colour. It also had emblems of the Desert Rat upon the tank. I’m assuming this is a restored dispatch bike from the Eighth Army. This force was nicknamed Desert Rats and fought against Rommel’s Africa Korps during the North African Campaign of WWII. The motorbike was for sale. I'm guessing the price tag was a little more than its original Retro British price of the war years.







No comments: