Monday 21 December 2015

Let Nostalgia Simmer as we Move Through Life's Adventure



I felt a little nostalgic seeing the pier and remembering the nice times I had living in Southend-on-Sea. I was here for twenty five years. From age 28 to 53. I met a lot of wonderful people who became good friends. I had many adventures and, of course, I met Carole.

We stayed for a night while visiting our grown kids and grandchildren. We also went out into the town to see some old faces. It was nice for a while, but then we found we were wanting to get back to the Fenland by Sunday morning. The nostalgia was wearing off.

It is always good if one can move on and do new things without being tied to a place. I'm certain that it is good in the long run. However, people are very individual and some stay in a place all their lives. I've lived in so many different places, but Southend-on-Sea was the town where I stayed longest of all.

I still support the football club and always check their scores each week. I was a steward there for a short time. I went to see so many of the home games over the years, plus a few away ones too. I would never say I would not move again, because the idea of Portugal or Spain is now simmering away for the future.




No comments: