Thursday 18 May 2017

Rain All Day for Wednesday. (Now it's Thursday)


It rained all day yesterday on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017. I was in the little hamlet of Chatteris and the village of Manea, emptying all the litter bins. The rain had woken me up during the middle of the night. When I got up at 4.30 am it was still raining. When I got to Chatteris in my work van at 6 am it was still raining. It continued to rain all day and I did not finish work until 5.30 pm. I drove home in the rain. I never knew the sky could hold so much water. It never stopped until near midnight.

My wife said it would do the garden well. I believe her and when I got up this morning at about 6 am to begin my four days of leave, I was overjoyed to see the clear blue sky and the garden looking as though it is getting ready to go for the summer. All the Red Hot Pokers are in bloom and some of the other flowers too. This is just the beginning.

A good downpour of rain is what all the flowers need. I just hope we don't have any more downpours while I'm on my four-day rest cycle. The weather forecast on the news seems good. I'll sit in the garden with some ice cold Guinness to help me get through the arduous relaxation I'm about to apply myself to. With some enthusiasm, I may add.

 



    

No comments: