Monday 19 March 2018

Blood and Ice by Leo Kessler (My Goodreads Review)

Blood and Ice

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Usual blood and guts story of German SS soldiers fighting against enormous odds during the second world war. I was a teenager when I read these Leo Kessler War stories. I think the group was SS Wotan or something like that. Kuno von Dodenburg is no longer with the group and Sergeant-Major Schulze is all the remnant of the elite SS group can turn to. Another inhuman mission awaits the do or die group of soldiers. The remnants of a once-renowned fighting force. The dreadful killing and destruction of WWII is coming to a bloody end. Only small groups of fanatics keep trying to attack. Among such are SS Wotan - the late Kuno Von Dodenburgs' men. This is pulp war fiction at its extreme, but if you like such things, then this is a ride of exhausting reading violence. Even for a hard nut who drinks strong coffee with no sugar and knows no word for... fluffy, nice and subtle.


View all my reviews

No comments: