Sunday 25 March 2018

Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky (My Goodreads Review)

Children of Time

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read a lot of good books that I enjoy. I especially like science fiction. This particular story blew my mind away. It was thoroughly engrossing from start to finish. The reader is taken on a trip that spans thousands of years. The humans are the same characters because they are in and out of cryogenic sleeping chambers as their huge ark ship travels across space in search of somewhere to colonise. Mankind is on the brink of extinction.

A planet had been terra-formed for them many thousands of years prior but terrorists mess everything up and a Nano advancement evolution programme meant for apes does not go right. It infects arachnoids and ants. This brings about accelerated advancement and a spider civilization evolves rapidly. The humans want somewhere to live too. The whole story from beginning to end is a journey of biblical endeavour. It all leads to a fabulous climatic conclusion, but along the way, there are all sorts of dilemmas to overcome. Among the spider civilization and among the disparate activities of humans.

I implore any lover of sci-fi to read this. Don’t deny yourself this breathtaking saga.


View all my reviews

No comments: