Friday 9 March 2018

The Last Colony by John Scalzi (My Goodreads Review)

The Last Colony (Old Man's War #3)

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

As I read the first few pages of the story, I began to think I would not like it. I stuck with it and I'm so pleased that I did. It just suddenly took off as the reader goes to colonise another planet with our wonderful characters. The humans are under instruction from the Colonial Union, but they are colonising in secret because there is a conglomeration of other races known as the Conclave. They have forbidden any form of colonisation unless the species are in the Conclave's conglomeration - a union of species. Humans don't seem too keen on this.

The story makes for a wonderful bag of political intrigue, super enhanced space troopers, and battle action. The dialogue and the characters are first class. One situation after another keeps the reader gripped as the explosive situation develops from one circumstance to another. This was book three in a series. I only realised this after I had read the book, but it stands well on its own. I will read others in the series after this.

The Last Days of Thunder Child


View all my reviews

No comments: