Sunday 19 June 2011

(Radiogram Adventures) Sandie Shaw - Long Live Love



This is a clip from the nineteen sixties of Sandie Shaw singing Long Live Love. In this song, there is an instrumental piece that breaks in before the next verse. I used to think it sounded wicked (good) as a kid and when I hear it today, I get a slight buzz as I think back to the time when my sister and I would be rummaging through the 45' singles by the large retro style stereo/radiogram that seemed so modern then.

It would probably be about 1969 - 1970. My mother would be pottering about in the kitchen and might call through a request via the serving hatch. There were loads of records in the store section of the long stereo gramme and it was always fun to look through them. I think many of us have memories like this, when Mum and Dad let us look through the records, and begin our radiogram adventures. My parents had so many records from all different types of music. They had rag time albums, Pop, Motown, Rock and Roll (I mean like the fifties stuff from America) Much of the pop was then modern sixties like Beatles, Manfred Man, oh Crikey! There were loads - even movie theme music and opera.  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: